REF13/16 Professional Officer - Nursing and Midwifery Council, Nurse Manager Grade 5, Health...
Classification & Grade: Nurse Manager Grade 5
Salary Range: $116,640 - $118,612 p.a.
Vacancy Type: Permanent Full -Time
Vacancy Reference: REF13/16
Closing Date: 21/2/2013
Facilitate the implementation of the functions of the Nursing and Midwifery Council in accordance with the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW) 86a by providing advice in relation to the management of health, conduct and performance matters for registered nurses (Division 1 and Division 2) and registered midwives and ensuring ????? ????? by the Council are carried out according to legislation and policy in a timely fashion.
Manages the performance, health or disciplinary consultation processes used by the Council to meet its statutory functions.
Lead, manage, direct and support administrative staff contributing to those processes. Expected to identify, develop and maintain professional relationships and partnerships with relevant organisations, and internal and external stakeholders to strengthen the awareness, liaison and support for Council activities.
1. Current Australian registration as a nurse (Division 1) and/or midwife and appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated equivalent, relevant professional experience and training.
2. Thorough knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework for health professions in Australia including the statutory responsibilities and functions of the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
3. Excellent organisational skills, the capacity to successfully manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines.
4. High level written and verbal communication, interpersonal, consultation, collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
5. Demonstrated capacity to research and critically analyse issues, outline decision making and provide reports and high level advice.
6. Experience in managing mental health/ drug use, and/ or managing disciplinary or performance matters within a health organisation.
7. Experience managing small teams with the ability to delegate and monitor work to meet tight deadlines, supervise and coach others and provide on the job training.
8. IT skills including strong ‘Office’ based computer skills and use of databases.
Job Notes: Only Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents are eligible to apply. Applicants must address selection criteria.
For an information package please click here.
Position Inquiries: Contact Margaret Cooke on (??) ???? ????
Submit your application online by clicking on the APPLY button