National Registration Delegate
National Registration Delegate APS Level 6 –$71,771 - $82,444 + 15.4% super
This position is based in Sydneyand Non-going/Ongoing
National Registration Delegates have delegated the Native Title Registrar’s powers to make registration decisions in relation to native title applications and applications for registration of indigenous land use agreements (ILUAs).
All decisions are made on the papers submitted with the applications and other papers received and require a thorough analysis of factual documentation and written submissions, against a series of criteria set out in the Native Title Act 1993. Registration delegates work closely with employees in all Tribunal offices but are responsible for the decision and reasoning in each matter. As well as deciding whether applications meet the criteria, delegates provide assistance to applicants and others in relation to the requirements for registration.
Key responsibilities include:
• Applying the registration test conditions, pursuant to s. 190A of the Native Title Act 1993, to claimant applications.
• Providing assistance to native title claimants in the form of preliminary assessments on claimant applications.
• Checking Indigenous Land Use Agreements (ILUAs) lodged with the Tribunal for compliance and making decisions on their registration.
• Providing comments on draft ILUAs.
• Analysing factual material and written submissions provided with applications.
• Applying legislation and case law to factual scenarios within strict timeframes.
• Following Tribunal policies and working in a team environment to develop practices and procedures about registration testing and ILUAs.
The Tribunal embraces diversity in its workforce and Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply.
Applications Close: 5pm EST Friday 30 November2012
For more information about this role please contact: ????? ????? on (??) ???? ????
Applicants must address the selection criteria which located in the Role Profile. To view the Role Profile and other important documents please follow this link: http://mycareer.com.au
Reference: PN 309 & 311