Sorry, this job is no longer being advertised.
The job you are trying to view is closed and the advertiser is no longer accepting
applications through Jobs.com.au. Ads typically run for between 7 and 30 days,
but can be removed earlier at the advertiser's discretion.
Find a current job listing using our Advanced Search to the right.
Leading Hand Joiner required for Inner Sydney (Leichhardt) factory. Working with mdf, melamine and
Leading hand Joiner, Level 6
Lifetime industries is a long established company which supplies prefabricated components for the commercial office fit out trade and domestic markets.
The company is seeking to appoint a person to the position of Joiner Level 6 (+ leading hand) in accordance with the Joinery and Building Trades Award 2010.
The employee will hold a trade certificate, Tradesperson’s Rights Certificate, or have completed the required training or will have equivalent skills gained through work experience in accordance with the prescribed standards for this level. The employee will be required to satisfactorily complete a competency assessment. A probationary period of 12 weeks will apply.
The employee will perform work unsupervised either individually or in a team environment, and will be able to examine, evaluate and develop solutions to problems. The employee will be required to implement quality control techniques and is responsible for the quality of his/her work and is able to identify faults in the work of others.
The employee will exercise discretion and utilise fault finding skills in the course of his/her work.
The employee will work in a safe manner so as not to injure themselves or other employees and will be able to identify hazards and unsafe work practices which may affect others in the team environment.
The employee will:
• Have the ability to interpret plans and make calculations to enable fabrication from plans
• Be able to work unsupervised either individually or in teams
• Be self-motivated with an eye for detail
• Be experienced in the operation of woodworking machinery
• Be punctual, reliable and diligent
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have a positive work ethic and adhere to deadlines
• Have good checkable references from past employers
• Be capable of training and instructing others
This is a physically active job involving manual handling and applicants must be fit.
• Working with MDF, plywood and melamine board.
• Glazing doors and panels for installation by others
• Cutting, shaping, routing and other tasks involving the use of fixed and portable woodworking machinery including panels saws, edge bander, spindle moulder, routers and other hand held power tools
• Prefabrication of pelmets, column surrounds and other shapes for installation by others