Sorry, this job is no longer being advertised.
The job you are trying to view is closed and the advertiser is no longer accepting
applications through Jobs.com.au. Ads typically run for between 7 and 30 days,
but can be removed earlier at the advertiser's discretion.
Find a current job listing using our Advanced Search to the right.
Java Developer - Massively Multiplayer Games
Massively Multiplayer Games Studio is seeking a Java Developer to be a key member of the Game development and Operations Team. Within the role you will be required to implement game designs into server-side implementations built on top of the Smartfox Server API, work closely with client-side developers to ensure efficient client/server communications, manage and modify existing database designs, manage and implement new partner billing iterations, manage and enhance administration and reporting tools, manage and execute game builds and deploys through dev, staging and live and participate in ongoing game feature design.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Implement game designs into server-side implementations built on top of the Smartfox Server API
2. Work closely with client-side developers to ensure efficient client/server communications
3. Implement and modify the data model for fast access and persistent storage of game state and user data
4. Manage existing and implement new billing and partner system integrations
5. Enhance existing reporting and admin functionality as well as provide ad-hoc reporting to management
6. Liase with producers to manage releases and testing and schedule outages
7. Manage and execute builds and deploys on all environments from dev through to staging and production
8. Manage build versions and code tags/branches via SVN
9. Manage the Smartfox Server instances and configurations (server, zones and room configurations)
10. Manage game supporting cronjobs and monitor them on a weekly basis
11. Troubleshooting and support of existing production environment, if required
12. Support the moderator and community team with escalated user and billing enquiries
To be suitable for this position you must have the following skills and experience:
1. 2-3 years Java development
2. Experience with Spring, Spring ????? ?????, Jsp/Taglibs, Hibernate/JPA, JMS, JavaMail is mandatory
3. Experience with webservices/REST/JSON, HttpClient is mandatory
4. Experience with ActiveMQ is highly regarded
5. Ability to work with a Linux based server environment and knowledge of basic Linux commands is mandatory
6. Experience with bash scripting and Perl is highly regarded
7. Experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL is highly regarded, experience with any type of relational database is mandatory
8. Proven ability to create stable, scalable and maintainable code
9. Experience with SVN and Maven is mandatory
10. Experience with Tomcat is mandatory
11. Experience with Apache is highly regarded
12. Experience with Smartfox Server or other socket server would be a bonus
13. Exposure to CDN systems, Amazon Web Services would be a bonus
14. Experience with server performance optimization
15. Ability to work under time constraints and pressure
16. Comfortable working with an existing code base
17. Exposure to game development would be a bonus
This unique opportunity offers a competitive salary package, and opportunities for growth. To apply for this role click Apply Now and send your CV.