HEAD OF SPONSORSHIP
mixitup is an independent marketing communications agency that specialises in brand entertainment. We work with Australia's best music and event promoters, consumer brands and agencies.
mixitup represents major Australian events and festivals such as Soundwave Festival, Sydney Mardi Gras, Falls Festival, Harvest Festival, the Independent Music Awards & Charts, East Coast Blues & Roots, the Outpost Project and more.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated Head Of Sponsorship with a background in media sales and/or entertainment sponsorship to work within the commercial rights area of the business. The successful applicant will be a proven sales performer, with a track record of success, possess solid business relationships and who will continue that success with mixitup.
The Head Of Sponsorship is responsible for generating sales for existing clients from new sponsors, fostering ????? ????? relationships, conducting meetings and generating sales leads that result in final event and festival partnerships.
The successful applicant must possess the following:
- A min level of 10 years experience in a similar role with a strong track record of success
- Knowledge of industry, sales rights deals, sponsorships, market position and pricing
- Must have excellent sales acumen and can finalise /close the deal
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding assigned income targets
- Presents in an effective, persuasive manner and is skilled at negotiations
- Understanding of contracts and deal terms
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship building skills
- Proactive, professional team member
- Ability to recognise business opportunities for commercial growth
- Displays strong problem solving and good listening skills
- Strong business development skills
- Must have drivers license
- Passion for the industry
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve
- Continuously improving your understanding of emerging markets
- Experience operating at a senior, professional level
- Advanced MS Office including PowerPoint
Key responsibilities would include:
- Sales generation and preparation of sales materials
- Manage sponsorship pipeline & input leads
- Negotiating and closing deals
- Develop sales materials and proposals
- High level of contact with brands to result in sales leads and finalisation of deals
- Organise and attend meetings
- Maintain exceptional sponsor relations
- Creative ideas to integrate new brands into festivals and events
- Weekly Reporting and development of sales strategy
- Report weekly on pipeline status
- Review and research sponsorship opportunities
- Maintain databases
- Sponsor contract preparation & finalisation
- Associated administration
- Provide strategic input on new market trends and competitor activity
- Chairing ????? ????? meetings
- Client and sponsor contact reports
- Client reporting – post events etc
- Work with MD on resources for new clients
- Support and direction to CRT team members
- Establish internal systems and processes
- Establish targets and prospects
The successful candidate needs to be a proven performer, with minimum 10 years experience who loves exceeding targets.
Only online applications will be considered. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
Reference: Head Of Sponsorship