South Sydney Junior Rugby league Club (The Juniors) seeks the services of a competent and creative Graphic Designer. We are based in Kingsford only 8km’s from the CBD with plenty of public transport available. This is a newly created position as the club has previously sub-contracted out the work but now is the time for a dynamic and motivated individual to join our marketing team.
The Juniors are looking for a graphic designer who will be responsible for supporting the marketing team and creating and delivering ????? ????? and promotional material. To be successful in the position you will need to come from a Graphic Design and Marketing background. You will possess strong design and technical skill in Adobe Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator. You must have Marketing or Graphic Design qualifications, the ability to work to tight deadlines and be able to multitask.
Skills and experience required are:
• Strong working knowledge and experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
• A Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
• A good understanding of all design styles be it print, designing for the web and digital applications (including youtube & motion graphics) as well as a sound understanding of file preparation for print
• Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with fellow staff and other departments within the club that we deal with weekly
• Good understanding of various web platforms and also knowledge of current developments in technology and design, including social media, Google Analytics and SEO
• Experience in print design and brand development is desirable
We are a small team that thrives on initiative, creative thinking, new ideas, problem-solving, and teamwork. In addition to these skills, the person we are looking for must:
• Have a passion and understanding of social media and digital trends
• Be a great team player with good prioritising, time & project management skills
• Photography skills whilst not essential would be highly desirable • A balance between perfection and getting things done
• Show initiative and not be afraid to share your ideas
This is an opportunity not be missed for an ambitious, passionate, creative, diligent and driven designer. Enthusiasm and intelligence is much more important to us than relevant industry experience. We are looking for only the best and brightest. If you are a creative and driven individual looking to join a team of friendly motivated professionals we would love to hear from you!
Please respond with your resume and a digital folio. Applications without examples of work will not be considered.
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT A PERMANENT RESIDENT OF AUSTRALIA.