Sorry, this job is no longer being advertised.
The job you are trying to view is closed and the advertiser is no longer accepting
applications through Jobs.com.au. Ads typically run for between 7 and 30 days,
but can be removed earlier at the advertiser's discretion.
Find a current job listing using our Advanced Search to the right.
We are a large community housing provider located in Penrith, with offices in Windsor and Katoomba. We manage over 2,000 properties and are seeking a suitably skilled and experienced Accountant to join our middle management team, and assist in driving the business.
This role will encompass the following responsibilities:
• Preparation of the month end financial accounts and reports against budget;
• Analysis of monthly accounts against budget and variances
• Management of an outsourced payroll function;
• Preparation of monthly reconciliations;
• Preparation of Government finance reports and acquittals;
• Working with line managers and assisting them with their financial budgets and;
• Ad-hoc accounting tasks and support to the finance team.
The Successful Applicant
Applicants for this role will ideally have the following skills and experience:
• Minimum of University degree qualification with additional qualifications an advantage;
• Previous experience in a financial accounting role with tight deadlines and a strong reporting function;
• Must be proficient in using MYOB and Excel;
• Attention to detail and excellent communication skills and;
• Previous experience working in the not-for-profit sector would be an advantage.
What's on Offer?
This permanent role will offer the following:
• Penrith-based in well-supported offices;
• A dynamic team working in a growing sector;
• An ability to make a real difference in people’s lives and;
• Attractive package.