Sorry, this job is no longer being advertised.
The job you are trying to view is closed and the advertiser is no longer accepting
applications through Jobs.com.au. Ads typically run for between 7 and 30 days,
but can be removed earlier at the advertiser's discretion.
Find a current job listing using our Advanced Search to the right.
Director, Secondary Education
- Opportunity to lead, direct and manage the provision of high level, strategic support and advice on curriculum planning, assessment and reporting for students in secondary school education in all areas of the state and the professional learning associated with the implementation of all Key Learning Areas.Senior executive position
- Located in Sydney and contract of up to 5 years
- Attractive remuneration
The Director, Secondary Education will lead, direct and manage the provision of high level, strategic support and advice on curriculum planning, assessment and reporting for students in secondary school education in all areas of the state and the professional learning associated with the implementation of all Key Learning Areas.
The position’s occupant also has a responsibility to lead and support targeted programs in developing senior pathways such as vocational learning in schools, TAFE and the workplace, further education at university and providing programs for youth at risk including those in Juvenile Justice Centres.
Click here to view the position description and the Department’s organisation chart.
Organisation: NSW Department of Education and Communities
The position is in the NSW Senior Executive Service and is located in Sydney. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $204,701 to $232,500 per annum and a contract of up to five years will be negotiated.
For enquiries, contact Jane Simmons, A/Executive Director, Learning and Leadership, Department of Education and Communities, telephone (??) ???? ???? or by email to ???@???.???.
Applicants must apply through mycareer.com.au (search by job reference number 00001GQ7).
1. It is an offence for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Relevant screening checks will be conducted. Please complete the Declaration and Employment Screening Consent for all Employment with the Department’ form and provide Proof of Identity that meets the 100-point check, and include these with your application.
2. For information on the Department of Education and Communities, visit mycareer.com.au.
3. For conditions of employment for officers in the NSW Senior Executive Service, visit http://mycareer.com.au lang="en-us" xml:lang="en-us">.
4. If you currently participate in a salary packaging scheme and package any item other than superannuation (for example, a novated lease motor vehicle) you are advised to seek independent financial advice.
Closing Date: 13 February 2013