Director of Operations, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital and Health Services...
Director of Operations: Northern Sector Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney Hospital and Sydney Eye Hospital
The Northern Sector of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) comprises three health services. The Prince of Wales Hospital (POW) is one of Sydney’s leading tertiary hospitals and a major teaching hospital affiliated with the University of NSW. Sydney Hospital and Sydney Eye Hospital functions as one hospital and is co-located on the site of Macquarie Street in Sydney's central business district. Sydney Hospital is a tertiary referral centre for hand trauma, abnormalities and diseases.
Reporting to the Chief Executive SESLHD, the Director of Operations leads and manages a high performing executive team, works in partnership with the Northern Sector Clinical Council and implements the health and clinical services plans at the facilities. The Director of Operations is a key member of the broader SESLHD Executive team and provides strategic input to the delivery of health services for a large urban community comprising ten local government areas or about 800,000 people.
As an HES Level 5 executive, you will be required to develop key relationships with the NSW Ministry of Health and other government agencies, non-government health organisations, community and other stakeholders to provide high level information and advice to ensure the delivery of quality health services.
We are seeking a strong and mature executive who leads and shares SESLHD’s values - teamwork, honesty, respect, excellence, equity, caring, commitment and courage.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
1. Extensive senior management experience and proven competence in managing health care services in a complex operational environment including the ability to develop, implement and manage long term strategic and business plans and major projects
2. High level proficiency in financial management, corporate governance and workplace relations to achieve financial and service goals.
3. Strategic analysis and risk management skills to proactively identify and resolve potential problems at an organisational level and engage relevant stakeholders to build commitment to achieve objectives. Ability to lead a diverse range of staff across clinical and corporate functions to deliver high quality integrated health services and key performance indicators and benchmarks
4. Professional credibility, extensive knowledge and expertise in health service delivery across a diverse range of care sectors to drive service improvements and positive change in a broad range of community and government forums
5. Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills and ability to create effective and sustainable working relationships, with internal and external stakeholders, including clients, workforce, suppliers, community groups .and governing bodies
Enquiries and Applications marked 'Confidential' to the consultant assisting the Chief Executive: Vicki Austin, Kennedy Austin Executive Search Consultants on (??) ???? ???? (mobile) or email: ???@???.???
For the Position Description, please click here: http://mycareer.com.au />
Closing date: 1st March 2013