Director Clinical Governance, Western Sydney Local Health District
DIRECTOR CLINICAL GOVERNANCE, WESTERN SYDNEY LOCAL HEALTH DISTRICT
Are you interested in and do you have the proven influential leadership, change and innovation skills to meet the challenges and opportunities presented by this key executive role?
The Director Clinical Governance role is critical to the success of Western Sydney LHD in the future. The successful applicant will be part of the leadership team of Western Sydney LHD, and will lead a small team working to support the staff and services of WSLHD in safety, quality and clinical governance. The successful applicant will be a capacity builder, excellent at building, developing and sustaining effective and sustainable relationships and collaborative approaches to safety and quality, which are key to the strategic success and culture of the organisation.
The Director of Clinical Governance is responsible for establishing, directing and managing the District's Clinical Governance function to promote and support patient safety and clinical excellence within health services. The Executive Director provides high level expert advice to the Chief Executive and Executive colleagues on clinical governance issues and works collaboratively with other members of the LHD and its services and hospitals assess, maintain and improve patient safety and clinical quality systems across the District. The Executive Director will be involved in a broad range of activities including: external accreditation; complaints management; clinical review; and incident management.
They will lead clinical governance and patient safety framework across the LHD. They are responsible for the implementation of the functions of the NSW Clinical Quality and Safety Program, including:
• Leading development and implementation of the WSLHD Clinical Governance Framework
• Managing the LHD incident management system is in place to effectively manage incidents that occur and risk mitigation strategies are implemented to prevent their reoccurrence.
• Managing systems for management of serious complaints from members of the public and staff, ensuring ????? ????? information used to improve patient care.
• Develop implementation of strategies and policies relating to core areas for improving patient safety, such as hospital acquired infections, medication management, ensure local implementation of NSW policy on quality and safety
• Develop effective linkages between the LHD and the Clinical Excellence Commission and the NSW Ministry of health, and other related agencies
• Implement locally the Clinical Excellence Commission’s Quality Systems Assessment Program
• Provide Executive Leadership to the local coordination and implementation of NSW Health Patient Survey
• Effectively manage the clinical governance, team, building relationships and collaboration across the LHD services, hospitals and staff.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled health service executive to positively influence systems of care and service provision; and to improve quality, safety and patient experience in a unique, large metropolitan health service.
For additional information, please don't hesitate to contact Senior Consultant, Rhodie Miller on (??) ???? ???? for a confidential discussion. Please quote the reference H13_0402 when contacting Rhodie.
Before applying please obtain selection documentation by emailing ???@???.??? Ref No H13_0402.
Contracted position for up to 5 years with an annual performance review or for an Award appointment – subject to Award conditions and open to Staff Specialists