Community Aged Care Policy Adviser
•TERTIARY QUALIFICATIONS IN A SOCIAL SERVICES RELATED DISCIPLINE REQUIRED
•COMMUNITY AGED CARE KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
•PACKAGE WILL INCLUDE A FULLY MAINTAINED CAR
Aged & Community Services Association of NSW & ACT (ACS) is the leading peak organisation representing not-for-profit providers of services in retirement living, community aged care and residential aged care. Based at Rhodes NSW, opposite Rhodes Railway station, we seek to appoint a full-time Community Care Policy Adviser to join our small Policy team. The role of the ACS Policy Unit is to help ACS member organisations achieve their organisational and service delivery objectives in housing and retirement living, community care and residential aged care.
The applicant must have:
• Tertiary qualifications in a social services related discipline
• At least three years relevant work experience
• An understanding of the current aged care reforms as they relate to Community Aged Care
The successful applicant will report to the Policy & Consultancy Manager and be required to provide advice and assistance to ACS members on community care issues.
Principal Accountabilities of the position are as follows:
• Providing information, policy guidance and advice about service delivery in community aged care
• Developing and facilitating member focused products and services relating to community care
• Representing community care issues across the broader aged care sector which includes residential care and retirement villages and housing
• Assisting the CEO and the Policy and Consultancy Unit to develop policies and position statements on behalf of the aged and community care sector in NSW & ACT
• Preparing ????? ????? minutes of meetings, reports and newsletters
The total remuneration package is about $105,000 which includes employer superannuation contributions and a fully maintained motor vehicle. ACS is a Public Benevolent Institution and offers Salary Packaging.
Applications close Friday 8th March 2013.
Applications in writing should be submitted to:
Policy & Consultancy Manager, Aged & Community Services Association of NSW & ACT Inc. PO BOX ??? Rhodes NSW 2138
Phone enquiries to Colleen Rivers - (??) ???? ???? Email enquiries and applications to ???@???.???