Clinical Manager Full-Time
About the Organisation:
South Western Sydney Medicare Local is the key body for integrated, quality primary health care services delivered in the South Western Sydney region, with a population of 882,000 in the Local Government Areas of Bankstown, Liverpool, Fairfield, Campbelltown, Camden, Wollondilly and Wingecarribee.
About the Opportunity:
South Western Sydney Medicare Local has a fantastic opportunity for a full-time Clinical Manager to join our dynamic team, based from our Campbelltown office.
Reporting to the Deputy CEO, you will provide leadership and management to a diverse clinical team to improve the delivery of primary healthcare services to patients, including overseeing care delivery and managing and monitoring ????? ?????, continuous review and quality improvement of programs and accountability for the financial performance of programs. You will also facilitate the implementation of effective clinical governance to ensure safe clinical service delivery.
The role will also be required to contribute to the growth of South Western Sydney Medicare Local through strategic developments and partnerships, based on identified needs and evidence.
To be considered for the role, the successful applicant will have:
• Relevant tertiary and/ or postgraduate qualifications in primary healthcare and relevant professional body registration
• Minimum 5 years demonstrated senior level experience managing clinical service programs in a multidisciplinary team and a proven ability at effectively managing direct reports
• Demonstrated clinical leadership to implement system change at macro and micro levels
• Capacity to lead and build organisational capability and responsiveness, steer and implement change and deal with uncertainty
• Demonstrated project management experience, including budget control
• Capacity to build, develop and sustain positive partnerships and productive working relationships with all levels of stakeholders
• High level interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
• Current NSW drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle
It is desirable that the successful applicant will have:
• Postgraduate qualifications in management
• Superior skills in conflict resolution and negotiation at a senior level
• High level understanding of identifying and coordinating quality improvement initiatives in primary healthcare
• Demonstrated and sound understanding of the Australian primary healthcare industry- especially primary health care
• Knowledge of and a capacity to implement and provide leadership on policies and procedures, including work health and safety, equal employment opportunity, cultural diversity and quality improvement
In return you will be offered attractive remuneration (commensurate with your skills and experience), with salary packaging benefits available, a friendly and supportive team and a flexible work environment.
To apply, click on 'Apply Now' and include your resume and cover letter, addressing the selection criteria by 5pm, Wednesday 23rd January, 2013. Please note that preferred applicants will be subject to a National Criminal History Checkbeing conducted.