Sorry, this job is no longer being advertised.
The job you are trying to view is closed and the advertiser is no longer accepting
applications through Jobs.com.au. Ads typically run for between 7 and 30 days,
but can be removed earlier at the advertiser's discretion.
Find a current job listing using our Advanced Search to the right.
Chief Statistician -
- Clerk Grade 11/12
- Permanent Full-Time
- CLOSING DATE: Sunday 10 February 2013
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- For your application to be considered, you must attach an up-to-date resume and supply written responses addressing each of the selection criteria using the text boxes provided in the online application.
- Successful applicants will be subject to a rigorous National Police Check (criminal history) prior to commencement.
- Applications can only be submitted electronically online via the Jobs.NSW website.
For the full position description click here
PI&P Organisation Chart
further information and a guide to applying for this position click here
Please note: Do not delete any files from your Jobs.NSW candidate profile that you upload as part of your application until you know the outcome of any job for which they are relevant.
If you delete a file from your candidate profile that is marked ‘relevant’ for a job application then the contact officer will not be able to see the file as a part of your application.
The Chief Statistician leads and manages the production of high quality corporate management information, data, reports, and other statistical products and analysis, regarding corporate activity, results and outcomes, for the information and use of the NSW Police Force Senior Executive and Government. Interpret the meaning of externally produced data and statistics regarding NSW Police Force responsibilities, and provide advice on such to the Senior Executive and Government.
• Demonstrated knowledge of data collection methodologies and statistical techniques
• High level oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
• High level interpersonal skills and the capacity to work in partnership with team members and senior managers
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure, responding to urgent, unplanned requests for advice or analyses
• Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated experience with databases and statistical software
• Demonstrated ability and capacity to identify, assess, prioritise and control health and safety risks.